Monday, February 21, 2011

Light bulb moments and silly animals

So some of you may or may not know but I have something called Fibromayalgia. That is just a fancy word for inflammation of the muscles. Luckily God blessed me with a very high pain tolerance so most days I can go without really noticing the pain. Last night however was a different story, as well as this morning. I felt burning sensations from my head, neck, and back all night. Thankfully I have the most amazing husband who rubbed my back and pampered me with much needed chocolate and Law & Order.

I'm telling you about it because I had a "light bulb" moment this morning that I wanted to share. You might need to have this moment too. Even if the "problem" isn't fibromayalgia it might be something different in your life.

As I was SLOWLY cleaning out a side closet in our bedroom, and I do mean s-l-o-w-l-y... I realized that THIS IS OK. I don't have to bust my booty every day making things perfect just for them to get messed up 5 minutes later. I came to the realization that this sort of thinking is what causes my back to flare up and me to have LOTS of pain. So from now on, this girl is gonna ATTEMPT to take things a bit slower. Do things right just at a different pace. I am ok with that (I'm praying my hubby is too)!

On a much better note... Sunday morning the family and I enjoyed some time on the balcony before getting ready for church. After realizing I only had a 45 minute span of time to dress 3 youngins and myelf I went into ninja mode... and I must say they looked very put together, as if it took us all morning to perfect them. As I am doing the last few adjustments to get us out the door Paul whispers to me that we are not going to church this morning, we are going to the ZOO! I was thrilled and mad at the same time. I knew that now I would have to change all of their outfits from Sunday best to play day. It was worth it! Keller is still carrying around the zoo pamphlet and admiring all the "anmals" as it calls them. 



Thank you God for still loving me although I skipped church & thank you Paul for knowing just what this family needs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...